Really liked the inner monologue of the main character and the overall, kind of spooky atmosphere ^^
The Sixth Prison
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
The Sixth Prison
You are a resentful alien captive, exchanging hands once again. What do they want from you this time?
The Sixth Prison is the prequel of Lavender Link.
- Version 1.1, September 13, 2020: New font + icon, sprite update.
- Version 1.0, May 16, 2020: Original release as part of the O2A2 jam.
- Profanities, trafficking, medical horror
- Story, sprite, programming - Cryoslight
- Menu image - Bernard Hermant at unsplash.com (+ edit by Cryoslight)
- Background image - Dima Pechurin at unsplash.com (+ edit by Cryoslight)
- Music - Abelouis at looperman.com
- Sound effect - Ben Burnes and Maike Watson in their collab Ben vs Maike Sample Pack
- Font: OpenDyslexic
This game was made for the O2A2 - Only One of Any Asset visual novel jam. According to the jam rules, The Sixth Prison only contains one of each asset type and is less than 1000 words long.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Version 1.1 and 100 downloads!Sep 30, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey, I'm looking for a new horror game to play, but I don't do well with jumpscares- does this have any?
Hi! No jumpscares, exactly, but at one point the music and imagery change kind of suddenly. You'll know it's coming when the music stops, if that helps!
I read the synopsis for your other two games, and was a tiny bit surprised to find that this one isn't about a janitor. :p
Interesting collection though, would like to try them out sometime.
Yeah, the janitor (Rika) is the protagonist of the series, but this first "episode" has a different narrator. :) Thanks for the interest!
Thanks again for the super thorough review! I really appreciate the effort that must have gone into it. <3 I noticed you were left with some questions... Hmm, I wonder if they'll be answered in a sequel?
Wow, great music, fits so well. This was sad, beautifully well done, but sad, and it made me long even more for a world where no creature has to suffer. We humans think to highly of ourselves, to give pain to others, human or not... it's just so sad and most often so unnecessary. This little story has so much feeling, and I understand the loss of trust the MC experiences... So well done, it's a story that will stick with me.
Thank you! I'm glad (and sorry) that my attempt at creating an unsettling atmosphere was successful. :) If it makes you feel better, the MC's life might improve in the eventual sequel! ...Might. No promises.